Nothing quite prepares you for being a parent.
I remember our first Christmas as parents (she was a mere 11 days old). Christmas night provided our first night of seemingly-endless, blood-curdling screams.
Did I mention it was Christmas?
Guess what we needed?
An open store.
Guess what was nowhere around?
An open store.
We survived that plus some other, "What in the world should we do with her?" nights....and here we are, 2 years later. We have an adorable toddler who knows more than she should, gets into more than she should, and gives us way more smiles and love than we deserve.
She wants to use the potty every time the door is open, she runs (as opposed to walking) everywhere she goes, she loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Dora the Explorer. She is genuinely thrilled to see me every morning when i go to get her from her crib. She just started running to me (when I pick her up from the sitter) with open arms and, "Mommy!" She sleeps 12 hours every night AND naps every day. (Um, she rules.) She's the perfect addition to our family and I can't imagine God designing a daughter any more perfect for this mommy.
Whether she's the first of many or the only one I ever have, I'm blessed. I never truly understood the love of The Father until I heard her heartbeat on that very first ultrasound. I would move Heaven and Earth to keep her safe. I always knew I was meant to be a mother, and she has proven that to be true. There's nothing that prepares you to be a parent....and there's also nothing that compares to the joy hat comes from it!
My prayer on your second birthday:
I pray that you will know Christ from an early age (2 Tim 3:15). I pray that you'll receive this most precious gift of salvation. I pray that MY life will be a testament to the grace and unconditional love of our Father. I pray that you'll be kind, loving, and gracious to those around you. I pray that you'll be able to recognize and listen to God's voice; that you will heed His calling on your life and fulfill the plan that He has for you. I promise that you won't miss out on "things" by following hard after Him, but you will be doubly rewarded for your faithfulness and your obedience. You are loved by SO many, and I'm excited to see how God uses your magnetic personality for His glory. I love you!
..and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 3:15

No comments:
Post a Comment